Two local charities have benefitted from grants given by the Corra Foundation, formerly Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland.
Each year, Corra Foundation distributes just under £1 million through its Henry Duncan Grants programme to grassroots charities working in their local communities.
Hebrides Alpha Project has been awarded a £4,000 grant towards the costs of travel and insurance.
Volunteering Hebrides has been awarded a grant of £7,000 towards the Volunteer expenses of the befriending project.
Na h-Eileanan an Iar MP Angus MacNeil has welcomed a funding boosts. He said: “I am delighted these grassroots charities are receiving these funds, enabling them to continue their great work in my constituency. Many of the Corra Foundation Henry Duncan Grants go on staff and running costs like this, meaning they are a lifeline for local charities in this tough financial climate.”
Corra Foundation Chief Executive Fiona Duncan said: “Corra Foundation is privileged to be able to contribute to the work of local groups across Scotland, supporting them as they make a real difference in the lives of many people, including vulnerable children and young people, isolated older people, unpaid carers, families experiencing poverty and people affected by disability or mental health issues.
"We are committed to our vision of a society in which people create positive change and enjoy fulfilling lives and distributing £1m a year via the Henry Duncan Grants is part of this.”
Applications can be made every two months to the Henry Duncan Grants. If charities are interested in applying they can find out more on the Corra Foundation website or by calling Corra Foundation on 0131 444 4020.
The Corra Foundation say:
- Our vision is for a society in which people create positive change and enjoy fulfilling lives.
- Our mission is to make a difference to people and communities in Scotland, by encouraging positive change, opportunities, fairness and growth of aspirations, which improve quality of life.
- For more than 30 years, Corra Foundation has contributed to improving the lives of individuals and communities experiencing disadvantage all across Scotland. The Corra Foundation has given out over £138 million in grants and made over 15,000 awards to charities.
- Corra Foundation’s main grants programme, called the Henry Duncan Grants, is for grassroots charities working in local communities with people experiencing disadvantage. It has six funding rounds per year and the next deadlines for applications are Deadline date. For our meeting dates and lists of previous grants, please visit our website.
- Corra Foundation was previously called Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland. It became Corra Foundation from Tuesday 29 August 2017.
- For more information please visit www.corra.scot