The Emergency Aid at Work (EFAW) course is designed for low risk work environments and enables personnel to be designated first aiders in the workplace. It is legally compliant with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The programme includes the following topics:
- The role of the first aider
- Prevention of cross infection
- The recording of incidents
- The use of available first aid equipment (FA boxes and defibrillator)
- The assessment of first aid situations
- Treatment of the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- First aid treatment for choking, wounds, bleeding and shock.
- First aid treatment for minor injuries
Following attendance on the cause (6 hours) and successful completion of the practical and theoretical assessments, candidates will be awarded the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) certificate which will remain valid for 3 years.
Day & Time: Friday 13 September
Duration: 09.00 - 16.00
Venue: Stornoway Campus