The Scottish Youth Parliament are currently accepting candidates expression of interest for the 2017 Elections.
This is an opportunity for young people to stand for election locally to be the Western Isles' next Members of the Scottish Youth Parliament (MSYP).
In the Western Isles, we have 2 MSYP seats.
Here are just some of the benefits of being an MSYP:
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Being part of national campaigns and projects
- Representing young people across Scotland
- Being an ambassador for a national organisation
- Influencing policy and decision making in Scotland
- Effecting change
- Gaining valuable transferable skills in public speaking, youth engagement, media and influencing
SYP is great for your CV and allows you to make real changes to improve Scotland for Young People.
Register online by 31 October.