Na h-Eileanan an Iar MP Angus MacNeil is urging people to go out and vote in today's (Thursday’s) European Election – which he says is one of the most important elections ever held.
Mr MacNeil said: “While our islands in numbers may be small, we are big on the map."
Here's the places to vote…
Mr MacNeil said: “We have to make sure in this election that we are sending a very clear signal from our islands that we are supporting a European party; a party that wants to see prosperity for our islands; a party that doesn’t want to see our fishermen unable to sell their catch to Europe without significant barriers; a party that wants to ensure that crofting produce can also be sold freely on the single market.
“At the moment the policies of the Brexiteer parties, Tories (Conservative) and Labour, are to restrict trade and commerce, to damage the economy and for those reasons particularly, this is the time to stand up and be counted.
“Your votes matter and the colour of map which we vote in Na h-Eileanan an Iar will be noticed across Europe.
“I implore you, get out to vote, use your vote, this Thursday.”
Malcolm Burr, Local Returning Officer for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar Local Counting Area, says:
- Polling Stations will be open from 7.00am to 10.00pm on Thursday 23 May 2019.
- Details of the Polling Stations for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar Local Counting Area
- Please note that the Polling Stations for the following Ward will be:
- E09B, Bragar Meeting House
- When voting at the Polling Station it is helpful to take your Poll Card with you although you do not require it to vote.
- Polling Station staff will give you your Ballot Paper and answer any questions you have regarding the voting process.