Malcolm Burr, Local Returning Officer for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar Local Counting Area, is reminding voters what they need to know to have their say on Polling Day:
- Polling Stations will be open from 7.00am to 10.00pm on Thursday 23 May 2019.
- Details of the Polling Stations for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar Local Counting Area can be found on the Election Office Webpage.
Please note that the Polling Stations for the following Wards will be:
- E02C, Carinish Old School (Comann Eachdraidh Uibhist a Tuath)
- E03B, Council Offices, Tarbert
- E09B, Bragar Meeting House
When voting at the Polling Station it is helpful to take your Poll Card with you although you do not require it to vote.
- Electors may wish to consider avoiding peak times and attend Polling Stations at quiet periods such as mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
- Polling Station staff will give you your Ballot Paper and answer any questions you have regarding the voting process.
- For this election you will vote for one Party/Candidate only by putting a cross (X) in the box next to your choice.
- If you applied for a Postal Vote, you must return it by 10.00pm on Thursday 23 May 2019.
- If you leave it too late to post your Postal Vote, you can drop it in at any Polling Station in the Comhairle nan Eilean Local Counting Area or at the Election Office, Council Offices, Sandwick Road, Stornoway.