STORNOWAY GOLF CLUB (Est. 1890)
Set within the Lews Castle Grounds in the Outer Hebrides, Stornoway Golf Club is looking to recruit a Head Greenkeeper with responsibility for maintaining and developing the full potential of this scenic and challenging 18-hole parkland course.
The role is full-time and would suit an ambitious and self-motivated person with suitable qualifications and background. The successful candidate will manage and maintain the golf course and clubhouse environs to a standard that meets the expectations of members, guests and visitors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake and supervise all golf course maintenance operations in accordance with greenkeeping best practice, the club’s course maintenance policy and Health and Safety Policy
- Maintain Health and Safety systems to protect and promote a safe working environment
- Allocate work and supervise greenkeeping staff and any volunteers and ensure that all works are carried out in a safe manner
- Plan and carry out effective course and turf maintenance operations across the year including the control of weeds, pests and turf diseases
- Prepare and present the course for play in a timely manner taking account of the Club’s competition calendar and tee-times
- Undertake and supervise the proper preparation of machinery for use
- Manage and conduct the regular maintenance and servicing of all machinery
- Monitor and maintain course drainage systems
- Communicate information to staff, management and golfers
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies and ensure safe and effective control of all stored materials and maintenance products
- Manage and conduct construction/renovation projects
Ensure the security of all premises, machinery and equipment
- Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with members, guests and visitors
In return we offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, for a 40 hour week and contributory pension.
For informal enquiries please contact Norman Macdonald, 07799 765608