We currently have an excellent employment opportunity for an enthusiastic and positive individual to join our friendly office team at Cala Hotels as an Accounts Assistant.
We are a leading provider of hospitality services and all-inclusive holiday packages in the Outer Hebrides. Our three hotels, Cabarfeidh Hotel, Royal Hotel and Caladh Inn are all located in Stornoway. We are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join our Head Office team at Cala Hotels/Hebridean Hopscotch Holidays. The Accounts Assistant records the income and expenditure of a company, keeping records of products and services bought by our business. Working closely with the Finance Manager in the preparation of Payroll and Management Information.
Key responsibilities include:
- Checking and processing purchase invoices with accuracy.
- Assisting with organising payments to suppliers on time.
- Assisting with the preparation of Company payroll
- Reconciling company bank accounts and credit card expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing monthly management accounts and budgets
- Assisting with year-end audit
- Managing a range of finance related queries, both internal and external
- Managing and reconciling petty cash.
- Assisting the Finance Manager and team colleagues with day-to-day tasks.
- Answering phone calls and taking/processing payments from customers.
- Engaging fully with our hotel management and our Head Office/ Hopscotch teams.
Ideal personal attributes:
- Demonstrate strong customer focus
- Microsoft Word and Excel- you will be proficient and confident in using both of these suites (training available if required.)
- High degree of accuracy; demonstrates a significant level of attention to detail.
- Numerate; able to perform accounting/financial reconciliations identifying data errors
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and build rapport across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express a message clearly and persuasively
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead to achieve objectives
- Strong team player
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Proven ability of use of initiative
Closing date for applications:31 October 2019 Salary:£21,500 per annum.
Cala Hotels Ltd, 11 James Street, Stornoway, Isle Of Lewis, HS1 2QN.
To learn more about our business, please check out our web site www.calahotels.com