Job Role: Client Support Adviser (Based in Lewis & Harris)
Branch: Social Security Scotland Agency
Salary: £25,376 - £28,341
Location: Western Isles
Hours: Full or part time hours may be available
Closing Date: The closing date for the advert it will be Midnight 4thFebruary 2020
Employment Type: Permanent
Number of posts: Numerous posts
This role sits within Social Security Scotland, an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government.
We believe that Social Security is a human right and we are working to make sure people get what they are entitled to whilst being treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
In addition to our headquarters in Dundee and administrative base in Glasgow, we will be delivering our services in local communities across Scotland. This role provides an exciting opportunity to deliver a face to face support service based on the principles of dignity, fairness and respect to clients who need it, when they need it and where they need it.
This role includes regular home visits and face to face meetings in remote areas. As extensive daily travel is involved in the role, possession of a full driving license which enables you to drive in the UK is required. If you don’t hold a full driving license you may still be considered for this post but you will be expected to describe clearly at your interview how you would fulfil the requirements of the role across your area using other means of transport.
As a Client Support Adviser you will provide clients with one-to-one support and help them understand what devolved benefits they are entitled to, help them complete applications, support people through the process and any follow up actions relating to their case, including signposting clients to other sources of support and advocacy when required.
This position would be ideal for someone who can work independently, has excellent inter-personal skills, is passionate about people and is focused on providing an excellent service to Scotland’s citizens.
For jobs in Band B you must hold a minimum of 3 Highers or equivalent qualifications or evidence of working in a challenging customer service environment, taking responsibility for delivering high quality customer-focused services ensuring client needs are fully met.
Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable. If you are in any doubt please contact the Recruiting Manager to discuss.
This is an important role within the agency completing a range of duties to ensure that we provide an excellent service to Scotland’s citizens by; ensuring clients are able to access help and advice to claim the benefits they are entitled to, they are supported throughout the application process and they are able to enjoy a positive experience of the Scottish social security system.
- Actively listening to and providing clients with empathetic one-to-one support and help them understand what devolved benefits they are entitled to, help complete applications, support people through the process and any follow up actions relating to their case.
- Manage your own workload and diary to optimise your day, securing personal information and ensuring value for money.
- Act as a role model who demonstrates Social Security Scotland’s values; ensuring that clients are dealt with sensitively, appropriately and with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Actively engage and build trust with the community, voluntary and other organisations to raise awareness and promote the uptake of benefits in order to maximise household incomes.
- Ability to work in a shared environment, maintaining strong and effective working relationships to continuously improve the quality of our service based on user’s experience.
- Provide accurate advice, personally escalating complex enquiries and complaints.
- Ability to keep abreast of the changes to the Social Security and Welfare Benefits system, undertaking training on benefits when required.
- A self-starter with the ability to travel to carry out home and outreach visits, work independently and work as part of a team.
When applying for this job, using the STARR approach is recommended. You can find more information on STARR by reading the Additional Information page for this job on our recruitment website at: https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and an ability to explain complex information.
- Experience of adapting to changing circumstances whilst managing competing workloads.
- The ability to be flexible and embrace new ways of doing things, contributing ideas and energy to continuous improvement.
- The ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources in decision making, sharing knowledge and information across the wider team.
You can find more information on this vacancy and the link to apply on our website at: https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us