On the 29th October 2016 from 10-4 there will be a Big Bike Revival event in Stornoway on behalf of Cycling Uk.
The event will be hosted by Lewis and Harris Youth Clubs Association and The Bridge Centre Youth Group.
Thanks to Cycling UK and the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar this day is open to all public and is FREE.
On the day, a number of local business will work together to provide the following services free of charge for those attending the event:
1. Bike Mechanics - free drop-in basic bike services. There will be two fully qualified bike mechanics attending.
2. Basic MTB skill sessions – Fully qualified MTB leaders giving basic skills training for those looking to just get a bit of confidence to use the local bike paths and trails.
3. Road bike skill sessions – Bikeability Volunteers and Police Scotland will be providing cycle training for novices upwards to get families confident about being out on the roads safely.
4. Police Scotland and their Youth Volunteering scheme will provide bike security stamping.
5. Local bike club Hebrides Cycle Club will be providing advice, local club opportunities, facilities.
6. Equipment swap/donation station. –If you have a bike that you feel you could donate to someone why not use the swap station?
7. Free Information leaflets showing the local cycling infrastructure and facilities.
8. Make your own healthy, pedal-powered smoothies with a bike blender.
9. Highland Cycle Ability Centre – bike sessions for all physical abilities
10. Promotional Freebies
11. Bouncy castle
12. Face painting
The day will be first come first served so don't miss out.
The aim is to celebrate all things cycling, and encourage everyone to get their bike out of the garage and back on the road.
The event is supported by Comhairle nan Eilean Siar.
For more information, click here.