Catalogue from Hebridean Books sellers of Second Hand Scottish, Highlands and Islands, Gaelic, Football and Sport books at reasonable prices.
Catalogue 25 June 2019
19 Eoropie, Ness
Isle of Lewis
Phone: 07810 448911
Postage will be charged at second class rate
Please allow 14 days for delivery.
If you are unhappy with any book/books I will fully refund the cost of the book and pay for any postage incurred.
- The Old Lewis Guard by Annie Macaulay Jamieson. H.B. Date of Printing Circa early 1900’s. A series of stories on life in the Island of Lewis in the 1800’s. 28 Chapters. 184 Pages. £35
- Scottish Gypsies Under the Stewarts by David Macritchie. H.B. Published in 1894. Eleven Chapters. 123 Pages. (Scarce) £65
- Flora -A Biography by Elizabeth Gray Vining. The story of Flora Macdonald which includes Illustrations. Eighteen Chapters which includes a key to the Macdonalds and the Macleods, Childhood in South Uist, The ‘Forty Five’, Over the sea to Skye, Marriage, Going to seek a fortune in north Carolina, Back to Skye, The Closing Years, Notes. H.B. With D/J Published in 1966. First Edition. 208 Pages. £20
- Gairloch and Guide to Loch Maree by J.H. Dixon. Its Records, Traditions, Inhabitants and Natural History with a guide to Gairloch and Loch Maree. Originally Published in 1886, this reprint is from 1974. Part I -Records and Traditions of Gairloch, Part II, Inhabitants of Gairloch, Part III, Natural History of Gairloch, Part IV Guide to Gairloch and Loch Maree. Includes Illustrations, Tables and Appendices. P.B. 435 Pages. £20
- Sgriobhaidhean Choinnich Mhicleoid. The Gaelic Prose of Kenneth Macleod. Edited by Thomas Moffatt Murchison. The book is the first published collection of the Gaelic prose of the Rev Dr Kenneth Macleod 1871-1955. H.B. With D/J Published in 1988. 186 Pages. £15
- St Kilda Church, Visitors and ‘Natives’ by Michael Robson. This book examines the role of the Church over the centuries, and the impact of the other outside influences such as tourists and journalists. Described as one of the most important books ever written about St Kilda. Contains many pictures of the island, which have never previously been published. The book is in eight parts and contains many illustrations. H.B. With D/J Published in 2005. 755 Pages. £35