Schools, groups and workplaces across the North of Scotland are taking part in a Rainbow Raiser this Friday all in aid of The Leanne Fund.
Rainbow Raiser packs have been delivered to all who have signed up to take part which includes bunting and collection boxes - including welovestornoway.com !
The Leanne Fund offers a range of services to individuals affected by Cystic Fibrosis and their families across the Highlands, Islands and Grampian regions.
This special fundraiser on Friday February 22nd will help make a real difference to the lives of those with CF and ensure a fun charitable activity for your class, group or workplace.
Last year’s inaugural event was a great success with over £3,000 raised for the charity.Participants will turn up for school or work wearing their brightest wackiest clothes to mark the day.
Here are just some of the ways the money you raise will be spent –
- £30 will pay for TV cards for a young CF patient when they are in hospital for treatment
- £40 will provide a confidential counselling session to help with issues of anxiety, bereavement, depression, illness and other unexpected life events
- £40 will provide a complementary therapy treatment to help a young person feel better and cope better with their CF
- £200 will pay for patient transport costs for those who need additional support for getting to hospital appointments
- £200 will pay for emergency support for a family when their child is in hospital and they are facing additional costs with accommodation, meals, fuel, childcare
- £250 will provide a special Christmas experience – a trip to the Panto or a family meal
- £300 will provide sport and fitness equipment to support an active lifestyle and improve lung function
- £750 will provide a much needed holiday for a family
- £750 will provide support for a young CF sufferer who is moving away to college or university or setting up home independently
The Leanne Fund was set up in 2009 in memory of Leanne Mitchell from the Isle of Lewis.