The Leanne Fund is urging schools, groups and workplaces across the North of Scotland to take part in the Rainbow Raiser event and help raise vital funds.
This special fundraiser takes place on Friday 28 February with participants asked to turn up for school or work wearing their brightest, wackiest clothes and raise funds to make a real difference to the lives of those with Cystic Fibrosis and their families across the Highlands, Islands and Grampian regions.
Several schools and groups have already signed up but it's not too late to get involved and order a Rainbow Raiser pack.
Chrisetta Mitchell, Development Manager of The Leanne Fund said: “It's really simple to be part of Rainbow Raiser, just order your pack which contains everything you need.
“On the day, which doesn't have to be on February 28, just wear something bright and colourful, make a donation and have fun!”
Here are just some of the ways the money you raise will be spent –
- £30 will pay for TV cards for a young CF patient when they are in hospital for treatment
- £40 will provide a confidential counselling session to help with issues of anxiety, bereavement, depression, illness and other unexpected life events
- £40 will provide a complementary therapy treatment to help a young person feel better and cope better with their CF
- £200 will pay for patient transport costs for those who need additional support for getting to hospital appointments
- £200 will pay for emergency support for a family when their child is in hospital and they are facing additional costs with accommodation, meals, fuel, childcare
- £250 will provide a special Christmas experience – a trip to the Panto or a family meal
- £300 will provide sport and fitness equipment to support an active lifestyle and improve lung function
- £750 will provide a much needed holiday for a family
- £750 will provide support for a young CF sufferer who is moving away to college or university or setting up home independently.
Nursery children and staff show off their rainbow colours at last year's Rainbow Raiser event.