The team at Outer Hebrides Tourism say they are proud to introduce you to our new website, launching yesterday (Tuesday Otober 27) on www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk, which:
- Offers a new fresh-look that makes much greater use of imagery
- Showcases what the islands have to offer in a more accessible way, using our six brand stories (Wildlife, Landscape, History, Gaelic, Food & Drink and Wellbeing)
- Includes dedicated sections on each of the islands, both big and not-so-big as well as a blog section that keeps the site fresh
- Increases visibility of the Hebridean Way with a dedicated site
- Gives a higher profile for Gaelic, including the home page in both Gaelic and English
The new look extends to a much more powerful presentation of businesses in the listings sections, including larger photos and social media feeds. There are new opportunities to promote members' business, including hosting videos.
Visitors will be able to book direct through the site once online-booking functionality starts in the coming weeks.
The site continues to list all tourism businesses on the islands that that OHT are aware of, but the new version makes a much clearer distinction between members of Outer Hebrides Tourism and non-members.
"We have done our best to incorporate as much of your feedback on the previous site in this new version.
"We hope you like it, and encourage you to drop us your thoughts both on what you like as well as what still needs work. Inevitably there will be some bugs and spelling mistakes that have made it through editing, so please let us know about them so we can get them fixed.
"We know 2020 has been a year to forget, but we hope the new site lifts your spirit and offers some encouragement about better times ahead.
"Many of you have been involved in this over the past few months, and we thank you all for your contributions,"OHT is telling its members.