NHS Western Isles guidance on CAR SHARING:
Car sharing with someone from outwith your household does present a risk of spreading COVID-19.
However, if you have no other option than to car share with others, we would encourage you to follow the following safety measures:
1. Limit the number of people in the vehicle - the fewer, the better;
2. Wash your hands (or hand sanitise) before entering and after leaving the vehicle;
3. Maintain good ventilation and open windows for the duration of the journey;
4. Sit as far apart as possible, and avoid sitting face to face or side by side (preferably one person driving and one in the back);
5. Wear a face mask or face covering for the duration of the journey. Do not pull it down or remove it to have conversations. Ensure it is covering your mouth and nose and is not loose on your face. Avoid touching the face mask/covering, and dispose of disposable masks/replace your face covering after the journey.
6. Ensure you cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue, and dispose of the tissue in a bin after leaving the vehicle;
7. Wipe down surfaces that people touch (e.g. door handles) before entering the car and after the journey; and
8. If there is no other alternative but to car share, take steps where possible to share with the same individual/s each time.
DO NOT CAR SHARE IF YOU, OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD OR EXTENDED HOUSEHOLD, HAS SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
SELF ISOLATE and BOOK A TEST IMMEDIATELY