The latest update from NHS Western Isles Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson states tonight (Monday March 8) that there is 1 new case of COVID-19 in Harris.
This brings the total number of positive cases associated with the new outbreak to 17 with around 70 close contacts.
"We would remind everyone, including those who have been vaccinated, to continue with precautions."
Scottish numbers: 8 March 2021
- 501 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 11,529 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 5.0% of these were positive
- 1 new reported death of someone who had tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 654 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 59 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,774,659 people have received the first dose of a Covid vaccination
- 118,732 have received their second dose of a Covid vaccination
(This post has has been updated with national statistics since first being published last night)