Keep taking care, and we can beat Covid-19…that was the message again in the latest update from NHS Western Isles Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson.
Once again, yesterday (Monday April 5) there were no new cases of COVID-19 in the Western Isles.
Mr Jamieson said: "Progress continues to be made with vaccinations, and second doses are being carried out in GP Practices across the Western Isles this week.
"Please remember #FACTS until we are all vaccinated."
NHSWI also issued a reminder of the need to physical distance, even when outdoors, from anyone not in your household/extended household.
There was a positive reception on Facebook to the latest news with one person saying: "That's great news Gordon, thank you for the update, and thank you for all those on call in the Western Isles every day and even tonight with the helicopter away out ,thanks to all the emergency services for going above and beyond the call of duty to keep us safe."
Scottish summary: 5 April 2021
- 248 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 11,373 new tests for COVID-19 reported results
- 2.5% of these were positive
- 0 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 2,565,280 people have received the first dose of a covid vaccination
- 456,374 have received their second dose of a covid vaccination