Further cases of Covid-19 were identified across the Western Isles yesterday (Wednesday July 21), particularly in Benbecula.
The latest update from NHSWI Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson reported there were 6 new cases of COVID19 in total: 4 in Benbecula linked to existing clusters, 1 new case in South Uist, and 1 in Lewis linked to an existing cluster.
"We would remind everyone to please carry out LFD tests regularly and in particular if you are travelling to or from the Western Isles. LFD tests are for people who are asymptomatic.
"Our COVID testing phone line has been very busy this week so please leave a message if you are unable to get through straight away.
Meanwhile, following a similar pattern, a further 10 new Covid cases have been confirmed in Shetland. NHS Shetland said all ten are linked to other cases and either involve travel south and/or household contact or socialising.
- 1,686 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 31,462 new tests for COVID-19 reported results
- 6.0% of these were positive
- 7 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 529 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 51 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 3,987,074 people have received the first dose of a Covid vaccination
- 3,010,505 have received their second dose of a Covid vaccination