Throughout Scotland the number of Covid-19 cases being treated in intensive care units has tripled over three weeks.
But the percentage of positive cases identified in daily tests is showing signs of dropping again, as it did after the peak of cases back in July.
The latest update from NHS Western Isles Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson said last night (Thursday September 9) that there had been 7 new cases - 3 on North Uist (all connected to existing cases); 1 new case on South Uist and 3 cases on Lewis (1 new and 2 connected to existing cases).
Overall the map shows that only Orkney is managing to maintain the level of new cases at a low level.
- 6,836 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 67,701 new tests for COVID-19 reported results
- 10.8% of these were positive
- 12 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 928 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 87 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,133,606 people have received the first dose of a Covid vaccination
- 3,757,337 have received their second dose of a Covid vaccination