There have been a total of 10 more new cases of Covid-19 across the Western Isles, according to the latest update from NHSWI Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson (Thursday September 23).
Of the new cases, 7 were on Lewis (5 linked to existing cases, 1 new and 1 where contact tracing was ongoing).
And there were 2 cases on Benbecula was well as 1 on South Uist (all new).
COVID vaccination Drop-in clinics are being held tomorrow in Ospadal nan Eilean and Ospadal Uibhist agus Bharraigh. These are the first clinics for 12-15 year olds but are also open to anyone eligible for a first dose or due their second.
- Western Isles Hospital: 2pm - 7.30pm
- Uist and Barra Hospital: 4.30pm - 7.30pm
On Wednesday there were 4 new cases on Lewis: 3 linked to existing cases and 1 new case. On Tuesday there were 6 new cases in Lewis and none elsewhere in the islands. The previous day there were 8 new cases in Lewis.
The first COVID vaccination drop-in clinics for 12-15 year olds take place from today. These are also open to anyone eligible 1st or 2nd dose. Details of the clinics are on our Facebook page and at: https://www.coronavirus.wi.nhs.scot/?page_id=3868
NHSWI will also shortly be issuing appointments for the severely immunosuppressed for their third dose.
These are also the first drop-in clinics that are available to 12-15 year olds. Parents/guardians of 12-15 year olds are encouraged to attend with their child, and arrangements are in place at clinics for those aged 12-15 to be accompanied.
- 4,024 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 53,811 new tests for COVID-19 reported results
- 8.0% of these were positive
- 37 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 1,057 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 86 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,166,056 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination
- 3,818,428 have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination