NHS Western Isles is apologising for an error in vaccination invitation letters issued to a number of residents in Point.
The letters were sent this week to around 100 individuals aged over 80 in Point who are eligible for the flu vaccination.
The letters incorrectly invite individuals for a third dose COVID vaccination, when they were meant to have been invited for a flu vaccination.
The invitations are for appointments on Monday 4th October at the Ionaid Stoodie community centre in Garrabost, Point.
For those who have received a letter for this particular clinic, please note:
- The invitation is for a flu vaccination, not a COVID third dose as incorrectly stated in the letter.
- Please do attend the appointment as outlined in the letter for your flu vaccination (if you are eligible, you may also receive a COVID booster at this appointment if you wish).
- The appointment date is correct – Monday 4 October.
- The appointment time in your letter is correct.
- The location for your vaccination is correct - Ionaid Stoodie community centre in Garrabost, Point.
- You will receive a flu vaccination at the appointment (not a COVID third dose).
- If eligible, you may also choose to receive a COVID booster at the same appointment.
- The above is only applicable to those who received appointments for the clinic on Monday 4th October at the Ionaid Stoodie community centre.
NHSWI say: "We would apologise sincerely for this error and the confusion that this has caused. If you have any questions about your appointment you can call 0808 196 8383.
There is no requirement to call and confirm attendance.