A series of weather fronts moving in from the Atlantic this week have led to some new disruption to ferry services, beginning this afternoon (Tuesday 5 December).
The MV Isle of Lewis is to leave Castlebay on an additional sailing at 4.15pm, principally to relocate the ferry to Oban during what’s forecast to be a wet, windy and rough period, hitting Barra and Uist first as it moves in.
Today’s Sound of Barra service has been re-timetabled to allow onward connections to the extra sailing, with sailings brought forward to earlier in the afternoon – see www.calmac.co.uk/service-status?route=21 for details.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) all sailings between Oban and Castlebay are cancelled and CalMac warns of further disruption until Friday as the gusty winds persist. Sailings between Eriskay and Ardmhor are also liable to disruption.
Today’s crossing from Oban to Lochsboidale has been brought forward and will arrive into South Uist at 12.25pm, with the 12.40 departure reinstated to reach Oban at 6.40pm.
Tomorrow and Thursday’s sailings on this route have been cancelled, with an update expected tomorrow afternoon regarding Friday’s services.