Contact us on 01851 705743 or
email info@welovestornoway.com

South Uist Historical Society’s Kildonan Museum has opened for the summer season and will operate until October.

The 2024 season will also unveil several new artefacts of local interest.

These include a 1967 Guide to the Uists published by the Royal Artillery Range Hebrides, information on Mairi nighean Alasdair, and pictures from World War Two’s Stalag 1X.

Also to be displayed is BEA pilot Harry Oliver’s 1951 flying log, which records his flights from Benbecula, Stornoway, and Inverness, as well as numerous newly donated photographs.