OUTER HEBRIDES FISHERIES TRUST
FUNDRAISING & ADMIN ASSISTANT
OHFT are looking for an independent administrator with an interest in wild fisheries and environmental charity work.
The administrative and fundraising assistant is a central role within the trust office and as such key responsibilities will include:
- Initial point of contact for answering emails, telephone calls and distributing relevant information.
- Being proactive in identifying funding sources for agreed projects and completing funding applications with assistance from other OHFT staff members.
- Help organise fundraising events and record all donations made to the trust to enable follow up, news bulletins and letters of thanks.
Key skills required include:
- Accurate record keeping
- General book-keeping and accounting
- IT including Excel & Word
- Fundraising experience
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a small team and occasionally supporting the Western Isles District Salmon Fishery Board (WIDSFB).
- Basic Web design and maintenance would be a benefit
The Outer Hebrides Fisheries Trust (OHFT) was formed as the Western Isles Fisheries Trust (WIFT) in 1996. The Trust is a charitable, community-based organisation conducting scientific research into wild fish stocks and advising on freshwater fisheries management.
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Part time (18hrs/week)
- Salary £8.91/hr