|Job Title:||Local Development Officer|
|Responsible to:||Tong Recreation Association & Back Community Council|
|Duration of Post:||Fixed term for one year with potential for extension|
|Hours of work:||29.6 hours per week|
|Salary:||£24,000 pro rata|
About the role:
The communities of Tong and Back are in the process of developing a Community wide plan and existing opportunities for growth. We are looking for a Development Officer to support us in our early stages of development. This person will liaise between both our organisations to promote partnership working and create development opportunities across the two communities.
- To work with the local communities to assist with the planning and evaluation of development ideas including any previous appraisals of the areas.
- To produce a ‘Growth Plan’ for the areas, which takes into account the communities’ visions for the next five years and uses these visions to establish priorities for development.
- To promote local development projects.
- To develop business plans and funding proposals for projects
- To oversee the implementation of these projects, including the sourcing and drawdown of funding, and the keeping of records / writing of reports as required by funders.
- To maintain constructive working relationships with groups within the communities, and with staff from public, voluntary, and private sector organisations to ensure a co-ordinated approach and enable acceleration of social-economic regeneration through co-ordinated investment by development and public agencies.
Closing date: 19th April 2021 at 9am