Terminal Duty Officer
This role is offered at Part-Time Hours of 18.75 a week.
Monday to Sunday on a rostered basis.
The position of Terminal Duty Officer incorporates FM services and Customer Services in an active role where daily inspections, procedures and duties are carried out to the FM contract specifications at Stornoway Airport.
The role of Terminal Duty Officer will include but not be limited to the following operational areas:
– Provide a supportive role under the Contract Manager and FM Supervisors:
- Complete nominated tasks, activities and projects organised in connection with Stornoway Airport
- Assist / contribute to maintaining the partnership and close working relationship with our client
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
– Identify, investigate, and report issues in relation to Maintenance, Customer services and Airport Facilities within the FM contract specifications and escalate / resolve to a satisfactory conclusion
– Enhance personal knowledge and understanding within the role of Facilities Duty Officer by attending internal and external training sessions and meetings related to personal development and working relationships within the FM team
– It is expected that, from time to time, the acquisition of additional shifts over and above the rostered shift pattern will be required in order to assist in covering annual leave / absence.
– Flexibility is essential within the role in relation to shift pattern, extended working periods and working hours.
- Disruptions to scheduled working hours can result due to weather delays and airline / airport operational issues
- Rostered shifts to include on call duty (supplemented payment per shift over and above basic salary), when required.
– Assist in the provision of First Aid / First response to emergency situations as a qualified first Aider.
– Maintain up to date knowledge in, and adhere to, all documentation in relation to Emergency planning and controls. Incorporated within this specification are:
- Emergency Orders / Procedures
- Fire Plan
- Any other relevant documentation in relation to emergency procedures and responsibilities
– Contribute towards the completion of Daily and Weekly tasks generated on a work schedule.
It is essential that the successful applicant is able to apply for and obtain an Airport Restricted Zone Pass
In order to achieve this the applicant will be expected to:
- Apply for a Basic Disclosure Criminal Record Certificate
- Provide a satisfactory and detailed employment history
Provide references for the last 5 years
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
It is Essential that the successful candidate has received Training, gained Qualifications and is familiar, competent and experienced in the following fields:
English and Maths to a certificated level
Hospitality - Customer service
Courses / Qualifications or previous experience in Hospitality industry / front facing customer services
Applicant must be in the position of a clean UK Driving Licence
Role involves out of hours participation, applicants should live within 15 minutes of their place of work, and in any event, must be able to attend the airport within 30 minutes of call out.
It is desirable but not essential that the successful candidate has received Training / gained Qualifications in the following fields:
Fire & Fire Warden Training
Courses / certificates in relation to Microsoft Office Suite of applications
Second / additional language skills
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
It is essential that the successful candidate has Knowledge of and is familiar, competent and experienced in the following fields:
- Ability to perform and record tasks on word / excel
- Utilising the Internet and other social media applications
- Book / Diary events, meetings etc
Experience in processing, record keeping / banking
Previous experience in the Hospitality Industry / front facing customer services
It is desirable but not essential that you have experience in the following fields:
PPM and Reactive Maintenance
Access / Permit to work
Previous qualification / training in First Response / First Aid role
Microsoft Office suite:
Ability to create documents and perform tasks on Microsoft Word / Excel
It is essential that the successful candidate demonstrates interest/attributes in the following areas:
- Good understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to monitor personal performance and commitment to learning/development
- Take responsibility for actions and associated outcomes
- Set and achieve personal goals
- Work confidently in a challenging environment without supervision and use initiative to prioritise tasks independently
- Aspire to grow within the team and encourage team members to do the same.
- It is essential that the successful candidate possesses attributes in the following areas:
- Good time keeping
- Well-presented appearance
- Polite manner
- Recognize instruction
- Active / Genuine Interest
- Proactive and observant
- Good communicator
Part-time hours: 18.75 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50 per hour