We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical Bias to support the Engineering Coordinator to provide a quality engineering service to the site including maintenance of the plant, machinery and services to a safe and reliable standard.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Compliance – Ensure compliance of plant and equipment to current legislative standards such as: air receivers, lifting equipment, compressors, evaporators, fire-safety systems etc.
- On-call and emergencies – take part in out of hours rota where required, respond to all process, fire alarms and assist the emergency services as required.
- Supervision and support – Organise, supervise and support on-site contractors to fulfil the site and production maintenance function and any site improvement projects
- Health & Safety and Housekeeping – Perform all duties in a safe manner and as a team member, ensure a safe working environment exists for all employees on the site, actively keep all working areas clear and clean.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working as an electrician or electrical engineer with strong mechanical skills & background
- 18th Edition preferred but not essential as training will be provided
- Experience of working in an FMCG environment
- Structured and/or practical engineering training e.g. apprenticeship/HNC
- Sound understanding of the importance of Health & Safety Issues, considerate of others safety
- Knowledge and experience of Process Control systems
- Strong team player as well as the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise to ensure efficient response to enquiries, whilst also able to work to deadlines
- Flexibility in working hours based on an on-call rota, and to provide shift cover for absence where required
In addition to a competitive salary, with regular reviews, we offer many other benefits including:
- Enhanced relocation & accommodation support
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
- Part of the Bakkafrost Group
- 600+ UK employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all of our activities
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands.
Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
How to Apply:
Please note, applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the advert will close once the successful candidate has been appointed.