Salary: £21,045.00 per annum
- Do you have excellent attention to detail and the confidence to advise and influence colleagues and stakeholders at all levels?
- Can you demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, while prioritising workloads to meet deadlines?
Stornoway Area Office is responsible for the delivery of payments and grants to crofters and farmers.
We are the main point of contact for our customers and stakeholders in Lewis and Harris and have a large volume of contact with customers.
- You will be the first point of contact for our customers.
- You will deal with incoming telephone calls, customers who visit the office, our office e-mail account and webchat services.
- Processing, data capture and authorisation of applications and claims under a variety of agricultural and environmental schemes.
- You will also be required to undertake specific blocks of work, at short notice and to tight deadlines to ensure that payment targets are met.
- You will also provide office based support to our field officers in preparing for and delivering inspections.
- Team Work
- Information Management
- Communication and Engagement
Essential Criteria & Qualifications
- Experience of customer service
- Strong communication skills. Confident in dealing with a range of people and producing written work that is accurate, clear and concise.
- Good administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads to achieve targets.
- Working effectively within a team
PROVISIONAL INTERVIEW DATES
To be confirmed.
MINIMUM TIME IN POST
You will be expected to remain in post for a minimum of three years unless successful at gaining promotion to a higher Band or Grade.
In the event that further posts are required, a reserve list of successful candidates will be kept for up to 12 months.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification” which you will find below.
To apply please fully complete the application and submit evidence based examples to demonstrate your knowledge/skills (300 words).
Remember, your answers should be clear, concise and reflect what actions you undertook.
You may want to use the STAR(R) approach to respond to each criterion
The Scottish Government is a diverse and inclusive workplace and we want to help you demonstrate your full potential whatever type of assessment is used.
As part of any recruitment process, Scottish Government and associated public bodies collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants and applicants for public appointments. Personal information you provide in the recruitment process will be made available to Scottish Government and our additional data processors.
Closing date: 19 May 2022