ADMIN & FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control OHFT are readvertising for an independent administrator with an interest in wild fisheries and environmental charity work (previous applicants need not reapply).
The administrative and fundraising assistant is a central role within the trust office and as such key responsibilities will include:
- Initial point of contact for answering emails, telephone calls and distributing relevant information.
- Being proactive in identifying funding sources for agreed projects and completing funding applications with assistance from other OHFT staff members.
- Help running the trust website and social media accounts. Support the angling promotion officer with the FishHebrides website.
Key skills required include:
- Accurate record keeping
- General book-keeping and accounting
- IT including Excel & Word
- Fundraising experience
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a small team and occasionally supporting the Western Isles District Salmon Fishery Board (WIDSFB).
- Basic Web design and maintenance would be beneficial
The Outer Hebrides Fisheries Trust (OHFT) was formed as the Western Isles Fisheries Trust (WIFT) in 1996.
The Trust is a charitable, community-based organisation conducting scientific research into wild fish stocks and advising on freshwater fisheries management.
12 month fixed-term contract initially
Part time (22hrs/week), Salary £9.50/hr, OHFT will consider flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.